bentleys of york services are described in more detail below:
- We know how busy peoples lives are and so we offer flexible appointment times to try to
fit in with your lifestyle. If a problem can't be fixed on site we can remove the machine to work on
and then return it at a time to suit you. No need to take a day off work to have your computer fixed!
- Personalised tuition is tailored to your individual need, whether it is the basics or more advanced.
Small groups can help to lower the individual cost as tuition is charged by the hour.
Training is based in the comfort of your own home, on your equipment, which is more helpful to you.
- All makes and models of computers and laptops repaired (except for Apple).
Need more memory? Or a larger hard disk? How about a new motherboard or graphics card?
Simple replacement of failed components undertaken without fuss.
- Already bought a new machine? No problem, we can unpack, connect and commission your new machine
even if bought from elsewhere.
New laptop lying unused in the corner? Let us help you get to grips with it.
- Let us come and take a look at any hardware or software problems you may have. Whilst we cannot
re-write Windows to get rid of the problems, we can help with configuration or settings that can be optimised.
If you have a new piece of hardware and need it installing, just get in touch - provided it is supported
under your version of Windows, we can help!
- Choose between a monthly contract or pay as you go service.
We are flexible enough to allow you to choose what suits you best! Value for money is paramount.
- Impartial advice on purchasing any equipment, not just computers and laptops but anything connected with/to them
- our aim is to get you the best value for money solution with respect to your needs.
Sometimes the best solution is to stick with what you have got and update it!
We can "supply only" or offer a full installation service, the choice is yours.
- Don't want an "off the peg" system? We can build a system from scratch to your specification, tailor made to your needs.
Whether it is a for a high specification gaming machine or a video editing system, we can help with the build process.
This can even be extended to mass produced systems, if the configuration you need is not available or possible
from one of the "big names" we can source and fit the parts that you want to make your ideal machine (subject to compatibility)
- Is your network more of a "notwork"? Call us to diagnose the problem.
Whether it is wired or wireless, we can help to make your machines "talk" to each other.
From 2 machines to 200, size doesn't matter! We have experience of Cisco switches and routers along with other equipment such as D-Link & Netgear.
Multi-site installations are not a problem after working with multi-national companies where the next
computer may be in a different part of the world!
- Spyware, Viruses, Phishing are all different terms for what is increasingly being labelled Malware.
Whatever you call it, this is bad news to any system. Whether your machine is simply running slowly
or the "bad guys" have taken over control of your system, let us clean your computer.
Most "infestations" can be cleaned out and where the system is too badly compromised we can advise on the best way forward.
Prevention is always the best defence and we can advise on how to protect your system and
provide information on safe internet usage. Always protect yourself before connecting to the internet.
- Along with defence from malware attacks, system security is of paramount importance.
This doesn't just mean loading an anti-virus program and leaving it at that, you need to think about your connection
to the internet - do you use a wireless router? Is this secured to stop other people connecting to your network?
If you use your home computer to connect to work, is this allowable under your firms terms & conditions?
We can help to address these questions and give unbiased advice.
Security also applies to the very useful, but often very insecure USB memory sticks. Does yours have a password to
stop unauthorised access, especially if you lose it?
Have you thought about physical access to your systems? Especially if you hold customer data on your business premises.
Allow us to get you started on a security audit.
Security also encompasses back up solutions. Now that we are heading into terabyte size disks as the norm, you need to protect your data.
Sometimes the solution can be relatively cheap and it is just a question of prioritising what is important to you.
There are plenty of frightening statistics to show how your business may suffer if you don't address your backups - let us guide you
and prevent you from becoming part of those statistics.
- Let us take the pain out of setting up your broadband and email. Sometimes it isn't as easy as the providers would have you believe.
Very often the support offered is only over the telephone with an over priced call out charge if you want someone on site.
We can come to you and troubleshoot any problems with your setup and get you back on the internet.
- Our business rates are very competitive, including out of hours charges.
We are happy to provide ad-hoc services but can offer a support contract if required.
Click on contact to find out more.
- Having worked in the support industry for 20 years we have dealt with most makes of hardware including Dell & HP/Compaq servers.
This has been from specification to physically installing and commissioning ready for production use either as rack mount or stand alone.
- If you need a helping hand with a project, why not take advantage of our experience for short term contracts or freelance work.
We can work alongside your existing team to fill a skills shortage and provide tapered handover so that they can continue
to support your systems once the project has been signed off.
Or maybe you just need a helping hand in the short term until your recruitment process can fill the gap.
Contact us to see how we can help your business to function.
- Depending on the complexity of your systems, setting up a regular healthcheck regime can be daunting.
Allow us to help you with this as sometimes the inbuilt tools of the operating system can be adequate for your needs.
Often finding the time to do the set up is the problem, which is where we come in as the extra pair of hands!